Dr. Ye is professor of Hydrogeology, Dept. of Hydrosciences, School of Earth Sciences and Engineering, Nanjing University, China, and member of the IAHS/UNESCO-IHP Working Group on "Land Subsidence". She began studies on ground deformation related to groundwater extraction in 2001 by developing a regional land subsidence model embodying complicated deformation characteristics, and a numerical method (Multiscale Finite Element Method) to simulate land subsidence in Shanghai. Her research interests concern groundwater flow in confined/phreatic aquifer systems, land subsidence due to ground water exploitation, earth fissures triggered by groundwater pumpage, model development and application to regional flow and subsidence problems. She has been Principal Investigator (PI) in many Chinese research projects related to land subsidence and earth fissures, including programs funded by National Science Foundation of China (NSFC), Ministry of Land and Natural Resources, Chinese Geological Survey, etc.
- Shaochun Dong, Sergey Samsonov, Hongwei Yin, Shujun Ye et al., Time-series analysis of subsidence associated with rapid urbanization in Shanghai, China measured with SBAS InSAR method, Environmental Earth Sciences, 72(3): 677-691,2014.
- Shujun Ye, Yuqun Xue and Jichun Wu et al.，Modeling visco-elastic-plastic deformation of soil with Modified Merchant Model, Environmental Earth Sciences, 66,1497-1504, 2012.
- Shujun Ye, Yuqun Xue and Jichun Wu et al. Regional land subsidence model embodying complex deformation. ICE-Water Management,164, WM10,519-531,2011.
- Yuqun Xue, Jichun Wu, Yun Zhang, Shujun Ye, et al., Simulation of regional land subsidence in the southern Yangtze Delta ,Science in China Series D-Earth Sciences, 51( 6): 808-825, 2008.
- Xiaoqing Shi, Yuqun Xue, Shujun Ye et al., Characterization of land subsidence induced by groundwater withdrawals in Su-Xi-Chang area, China. Environmental Geology, 52(1): 27-40, 2007.
- Yunqun Xue, Yun Zhang, Shujun Ye et al., Land subsidence in China, Environmental Geology, 48 (6): 713-720, 2005.
- Shujun Ye, Yuqun Xue, and Chunhong Xie. Application of the multiscale finite element method to flow in heterogeneous porous Media, Water Resources Research, 40, W09202, doi:10.1029/2003WR002914, 2004.